Visit the Murray Park Church of Christ web site by clicking Here!

Friday, April 30, 2010

If you want to listen to the sermon first click HERE

I don‘t believe in Fairies.
If you are familiar with the story of Peter Pan you will know what happens when you say the words “I don't believe in fairies”. What happens? Peter Pan tells us that a fairy somewhere drops to the ground dead.
All one has to do is say “I don't believe in fairies” and a fairy will die.
There was a moment in the last Peter Pan movie (spoilers ahead) when Tinkerbell is poisoned and dies. It is a sad moment but as all hope seems to be gone the lost boys begin to say “I do believe in fairies, I do I do, I do believe in fairies, I do I do.” Then Wendy and her brothers begin to shout “I do believe in fairies, I do I do. Even the Pirates join in “I do believe in fairies I do...” And guess what happens? She comes back to life!!!
And I am SO thankful that my God is nothing like that!
A person could stand all day long shouting “I don't believe in God, I don't I don't”, he could say it over and over again. He could shout it from the mountain tops from morning till night. He could find a thousand friends who would do the same. They could all stand on the mountain from morning till night shouting “I don't believe in God, I don't I don't” and guess what? God would still be alive.
What you and I think about God doesn't change who God is!
If you haven't read Job chapter 38 recently it may be worth your time. God speaks to Job out of the storm and has some pretty sobering words. To quote but one verse 38:4 “Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation?” NIV It is easy to realize how small we really are when compared to a God who created the earth.
God is alive whether you believe it or not. God is alive whether you like it or not. God is.

3 comments:

  1. so my question is this. If I have more faith will God listen to and possibly show favor to my prayers more than wen I am less faithful?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think God shows favor to us based on our "degree" of faithfullness at any given time, I think He always gives us what we need, and sometimes, when we feel the least faithful, the answer is the least expected and opposite of what we think we WANT, but always an answer. . .ALWAYS He answers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! And I especially love the picture!!!!

    ReplyDelete